God the Father...
- We believe in God the Father who is all-powerful, all-knowing, loving, and merciful.
- We believe that God is active and at work in the world, and in control of all things.
- We believe that God the Father initiates creation and salvation and is the Covenant-Maker who sent His only Son, God-in-the-flesh, to live and to give His life for fallen humanity.
- We believe in the mystery and wonder of God made flesh, the only Son of God who is our Lord and Savior.
- We believe that Jesus is very God of very God, of the same nature and essence as God the Father.
- We believe that Jesus died on the cross and arose from the grave, and that He will one day come again.
- We believe that for us, Jesus kept the Law, atoned for sin, and satisfied God’s wrath by offering forgiveness of sins through His sacrifice.
- We believe Jesus is our Prophet, Priest, and King, building His church, interceding for us, and reigning over all things.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as the third member of the Trinity, equal in nature and essence to God the Father and Jesus the Son.
- We believe in the inspiration of the Bible through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit was given by Jesus, to unite, empower and comfort the Church, spurring us on toward love and good deeds.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is active within the Church, transforming believers to be more like Jesus.
- We believe that the Bible is infallible, inspired and God’s Word to mankind.
- We believe both the Old and New Testament are God’s perfect Word, useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.
- We believe the Bible is the final authority concerning how we ought to live.
- We believe in the universal Church which is formed from many denominations and traditions.
- The universal Church is made up of all who have been born of the Spirit. The church is expressed globally and locally, and is formed of a patchwork of many denomination and traditions.
- The Church is called to proclaim the gospel, worship God, engage in works of compassion, and to create a new community of people.
- We believe that humanity is broken, sinful, and totally lost without God.
- We believe that every man, woman, and child is made in God’s image, and that image has been broken because of our wrong and sinful actions.
- We believe that Jesus Christ came to restore humanity’s broken relationship with God.
- We believe that a loving God has offered salvation through Jesus Christ that all might find forgiveness and healing in Christ.
- We believe that Jesus established the Church to work within the world to bring justice, reconciliation and the gospel to a hurting world.
Creeds & Confessions:
- We believe that the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule for faith and life.
- We affirm three creeds: the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed - as ecumenical expressions of the Christian faith.
- We affirm three confessions: the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Canons of Dort as historic Reformed expressions of the Christian faith, whose doctrines and teaching are in agreement with the Bible.